Introduction to Greek Philology
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Movrin David
- The notions of antiquity, Byzantine and Modern Greece; Classical philology, Byzantine philology and Modern Greek philology and the relations between them.
- Basic and complementary disciplines of Classical Philology; the structure and use of critical editions of Ancient and Byzantine Greek texts; collections of Ancient and Byzantine Greek texts and their citation; transliterating of Ancient Greek proper names and their use in Slovenian.
- Modern bibliography, its use and citation.
- Traditional and modern methods of Greek philology.
- Electronic sources and tools from the field of Greek philology.