Methods and Techniques in Psychotherapy and Psychological Counselling
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Žvelc Gregor
• Research of common factors in psychotherapy and principles of therapeutic change.
• Diagnostic assessment and planning of psychotherapy and counselling.
• Establishing therapeutic alliance.
• First meeting with clients.
• Contracts in psychotherapy and counselling.
• Phases of psychotherapy and counselling.
• Methods of working in psychotherapeutic relationship.
• Attunement, empathic responsiveness and presence of therapist.
• Working with ruptures of therapeutic alliance.
• Techniques of inquiry.
• Cognitive and behavioral techniques.
• Techniques focused on emotions and body.
• Use of creative media and positive resources.
• Working with transference and countertransference.
• New empirical validated techniques in psychotherapy.
• Mindfulness and psychotherapy.
• Ending of psychotherapy/counselling and evaluation.
• Fundamentals of supervision and mentorship.